May 10th-12th, 2021
The main goal of the Conference was the identification and presentation of solid reconciliation experiences lived by professors, researchers and practitioners from Jesuit universities. The experiences of Jesuits and lay colleagues in this field of reconciliation and peace should enrich our understanding of the processes and challenges faced by those who seek to promote the work of reconciliation.
The Society of Jesus’ understanding of the call to work for reconciliation at all levels—establishing just relations between human beings and God, between one another and with Creation—will be greatly enriched by the exploration of this topic and experiences of those working directly in the field of peace and reconciliation.
The conference will feature theoretical insights and also present the results of projects and programs that are studied or sponsored by Jesuit higher education institutions with the aim of promoting reconciliation with God, with one another and with Creation.
- P. Jorge Humberto Peláez Piedrahita, SJ (Rector Magnificent of the Pontificia Universidad Javeriana)
- Mr. John Paul Lederach (Professor, Notre Dame University)
- P. Michael J. Garanzini, SJ (President, Association of Jesuit Colleges and Universities in North America (AJCU))
- Bruno Marie Duffé (Secretary. Dicastery for Promoting Integral Human Development)
- His Eminence Cardinal D. Giuseppe Versaldi (Prefect of the Congregation for Catholic Education)
- M.R.P. Artuso Sosa Abascal, SJ (Superior General of the Society of Jesus and Grand Chancellor of Comillas Pontifical University)
- P. Julio L. Martínez Martínez, SJ (Rector Magnificent of Comillas Pontifical University)
- Javeriana and Comillas
- “Emerging challenges for the mission of reconciliation” (Jacques Haers)
- “Paving the way for the IAJU task force on reconciliation” (P. Joseph Christie, SJ and Elías López Pérez, SJ)
- Institutional closure