Mission & Purpose
The purpose of the Kircher Network is to strengthen the sense of shared apostolic mission among its member Jesuit institutions in all aspects of academic life.
- Teaching, through exchanges of staff and students, and the development of shared programmes;
- Research, through collaboration in areas of particular relevance to the Society’s apostolic preferences, such as forced migration, ecology, the relief of poverty, interreligious dialogue, and Ignatian studies;
- Life according to the Ignatian charism, through making available to students and staff the resources of Ignatian spirituality for inspiration, hope, constructive reflection, and pedagogical practice;
- Administration, through the creative pooling of resources, and through sharing experience of good practice, notably as regards collaboration between Jesuits and their apostolic partners;
- In association with the Society of Jesus by promoting fruitful connections with Jesuit superiors, and with the other Jesuit services within the Church of Christ’s mission – notably centres for social reflection and cultural reviews.
In short the aim is a new and deeper mutual exchange of gifts of the kind that St Ignatius evokes at the end of his Spiritual Exercises.
Higher Education for Social Transformation
Theology in Pakistan
A New Theology for Europe and the Near East
The Faculty of Theology of Granada is integrated into Loyola Andalucía
09/18/2020 The Faculty of Theology of Granada has become a center of the Loyola Loyola as a School of Theology of the University. Learn more
Comillas Launches it's Plan for Face-to-Face Teaching
09/04/2020 Comillas University, which plans to have face-to-face teaching, have shared with us their plans, safety guides and strategies depending on the different scenarios. Learn more
UNIJES Investigation into Abuse in the Church Begins
08/22/2020 The team of UNIJES's that will lead the research project that studies the structural dimension of abuse in the Church from a theological-spiritual perspective, met in July to lay the foundations of its basic lines and objectives. Learn more