Mission & Purpose
The purpose of the Kircher Network is to strengthen the sense of shared apostolic mission among its member Jesuit institutions in all aspects of academic life.
- Teaching, through exchanges of staff and students, and the development of shared programmes;
- Research, through collaboration in areas of particular relevance to the Society’s apostolic preferences, such as forced migration, ecology, the relief of poverty, interreligious dialogue, and Ignatian studies;
- Life according to the Ignatian charism, through making available to students and staff the resources of Ignatian spirituality for inspiration, hope, constructive reflection, and pedagogical practice;
- Administration, through the creative pooling of resources, and through sharing experience of good practice, notably as regards collaboration between Jesuits and their apostolic partners;
- In association with the Society of Jesus by promoting fruitful connections with Jesuit superiors, and with the other Jesuit services within the Church of Christ’s mission – notably centres for social reflection and cultural reviews.
In short the aim is a new and deeper mutual exchange of gifts of the kind that St Ignatius evokes at the end of his Spiritual Exercises.
Higher Education for Social Transformation
Theology in Pakistan
A New Theology for Europe and the Near East
UNIJES Has Held The IV Workshop On Digital Transformation In Universities
The Workshop "Digital Transformation: Challenges and Opportunities for Jesuit Universities" was attended by representatives from the universities of Santa Clara, Deusto, Comillas and Loyola Andalucía. Read More.
Campion Hall And The Refugee Studies Centre Present A Seven-Part Seminar Series On Reconciliation In The Contexts Of Displacement
This seminar series, organised by Campion Hall and the Refugee Studies Centre, aims to discuss the possibilities and challenges of 'reconciliation' in contexts of displacement, bringing together specialists working in a variety of contexts to exchange ideas on the concept of reconciliation. Read More.
Deans and Delegates From 16 Kircher Network’s Faculties Of Theology, Philosophy, And Religious Studies Gathered Online For Their Annual Meeting
The purpose of the meeting was to discuss the most pressing challenges facing their institutions today and potentially in the future, and to exchange information on how the institutions are prioritising and addressing these challenges. Read Conclusions.