Mission & Purpose
The purpose of the Kircher Network is to strengthen the sense of shared apostolic mission among its member Jesuit institutions in all aspects of academic life.
- Teaching, through exchanges of staff and students, and the development of shared programmes;
- Research, through collaboration in areas of particular relevance to the Society’s apostolic preferences, such as forced migration, ecology, the relief of poverty, interreligious dialogue, and Ignatian studies;
- Life according to the Ignatian charism, through making available to students and staff the resources of Ignatian spirituality for inspiration, hope, constructive reflection, and pedagogical practice;
- Administration, through the creative pooling of resources, and through sharing experience of good practice, notably as regards collaboration between Jesuits and their apostolic partners;
- In association with the Society of Jesus by promoting fruitful connections with Jesuit superiors, and with the other Jesuit services within the Church of Christ’s mission – notably centres for social reflection and cultural reviews.
In short the aim is a new and deeper mutual exchange of gifts of the kind that St Ignatius evokes at the end of his Spiritual Exercises.
Higher Education for Social Transformation
Theology in Pakistan
A New Theology for Europe and the Near East
Diverse Jesuit Apostolic Works Took Part in the COP25
01/10/ 2020 The University of Comillas, the EcoJesuit group, Entreculturas or Alboan are some of the entities of the Society that took part in the summit. Learn more
"Taking care together” at Deusto University
13/12/19 The University of Deusto held the meeting "Juntos Somos Más" aimed at young people from the Ignatian family and young Muslims. Learn more
UNIJES Joins the Declaration of the Society about the Situation in Nicaragua
29/11/19 UNIJES joins the urgent call of the Society to the International community to refuse the human rights violations that are taking place in Nicaragua. Read article.