Mission & Purpose
The purpose of the Kircher Network is to strengthen the sense of shared apostolic mission among its member Jesuit institutions in all aspects of academic life.
- Teaching, through exchanges of staff and students, and the development of shared programmes;
- Research, through collaboration in areas of particular relevance to the Society’s apostolic preferences, such as forced migration, ecology, the relief of poverty, interreligious dialogue, and Ignatian studies;
- Life according to the Ignatian charism, through making available to students and staff the resources of Ignatian spirituality for inspiration, hope, constructive reflection, and pedagogical practice;
- Administration, through the creative pooling of resources, and through sharing experience of good practice, notably as regards collaboration between Jesuits and their apostolic partners;
- In association with the Society of Jesus by promoting fruitful connections with Jesuit superiors, and with the other Jesuit services within the Church of Christ’s mission – notably centres for social reflection and cultural reviews.
In short the aim is a new and deeper mutual exchange of gifts of the kind that St Ignatius evokes at the end of his Spiritual Exercises.
Higher Education for Social Transformation
Theology in Pakistan
A New Theology for Europe and the Near East
Students from Loyola Andalucía and Loyola Chicago Learn About the Vatican's Model of Sustainability Introduced by Rafael Tornini
The group of students had a training course on Loyola Chicago's sustainability model and then had the opportunity to have a guided tour of the Vatican gardens with Rafael Tornini, Director of Gardens and Environment of the Vatican City State. Learn more
Several Universities of the Kircher Network Participate in the General Assembly of the Federation of Catholic Universities of Europe
The universities Pontificia Comillas, Deusto, Loyola and Ramón Llull have participated with the aim of establishing links and promoting collaboration between universities in the region. Read More.
Three Scholastics from the AJCU-AP Region are Part of the Arrupe Period at Comillas Pontifical University
The idea of the Arrupe Month came from Fr Pedro Arrupe who wanted scholastics to have a programme during their theology studies so they could delve deeper into the meaning of priestly ministry. Read more.