Mission & Purpose
The purpose of the Kircher Network is to strengthen the sense of shared apostolic mission among its member Jesuit institutions in all aspects of academic life.
- Teaching, through exchanges of staff and students, and the development of shared programmes;
- Research, through collaboration in areas of particular relevance to the Society’s apostolic preferences, such as forced migration, ecology, the relief of poverty, interreligious dialogue, and Ignatian studies;
- Life according to the Ignatian charism, through making available to students and staff the resources of Ignatian spirituality for inspiration, hope, constructive reflection, and pedagogical practice;
- Administration, through the creative pooling of resources, and through sharing experience of good practice, notably as regards collaboration between Jesuits and their apostolic partners;
- In association with the Society of Jesus by promoting fruitful connections with Jesuit superiors, and with the other Jesuit services within the Church of Christ’s mission – notably centres for social reflection and cultural reviews.
In short the aim is a new and deeper mutual exchange of gifts of the kind that St Ignatius evokes at the end of his Spiritual Exercises.
Higher Education for Social Transformation
Theology in Pakistan
A New Theology for Europe and the Near East
Training for Managers of UNIJES Centers in Loyola
From June 23 to 25, the second edition of the UNIJES Training Course for Managers began at Loyola, with the participation of 24 managers from the different Spanish universities. Learn more
Kircher Online Lecture Series: “Human Enhancement: Myth, Ideology and Utopia
In June 17 it took place the second online lecture of this series. Learn more
Virtual Workshop on the Project “Strengthening Service-Learning at Jesuit Universities in Spain"
In the middle of the development of this APS (Service Learning) implementation project in the UNIJES network, financed by Porticus, a meeting was held on June 18 to share the progress made in the implementation of APS (Service Learning) in the UNIJES network, financed by Porticus. Learn more