Mission & Purpose
The purpose of the Kircher Network is to strengthen the sense of shared apostolic mission among its member Jesuit institutions in all aspects of academic life.
- Teaching, through exchanges of staff and students, and the development of shared programmes;
- Research, through collaboration in areas of particular relevance to the Society’s apostolic preferences, such as forced migration, ecology, the relief of poverty, interreligious dialogue, and Ignatian studies;
- Life according to the Ignatian charism, through making available to students and staff the resources of Ignatian spirituality for inspiration, hope, constructive reflection, and pedagogical practice;
- Administration, through the creative pooling of resources, and through sharing experience of good practice, notably as regards collaboration between Jesuits and their apostolic partners;
- In association with the Society of Jesus by promoting fruitful connections with Jesuit superiors, and with the other Jesuit services within the Church of Christ’s mission – notably centres for social reflection and cultural reviews.
In short the aim is a new and deeper mutual exchange of gifts of the kind that St Ignatius evokes at the end of his Spiritual Exercises.
Higher Education for Social Transformation
Theology in Pakistan
A New Theology for Europe and the Near East
Universidad Loyola Andalucía New Campus Gets LEED Platinum Certification
02/05/2021 The new campus of the university in Sevilla, Spain, got the LEED Platinum which certifies to as one of the most sustainable university campuses in the world. Loyola Andalucía and Loyola Chicago presented the case on a conference at the European Association of International Educators (EAIE).
Learn more (English)
Learn more (Spanish)
Watch the conference
Identifying Common Projects Among the Faculties of Theology, Philosophy, and Religious Studies
02/05/2021 In January, 23 deans and delegates from 19 Kircher faculties of Theology, Philosophy, and Religious Studies met online to identify common projects in teaching and learning that are concrete, add value to the fulfillment of our apostolic mission, and can be started this year. Learn more
The Beijing Center Holds Virtual Internship Showcase for Students
01/08/2021 The Beijing Center (TBC) hosted a Virtual Internship Showcase to recap the student-interns’ experiences during their Fall 2020 semester. Learn more